Term & Conditions of Student’s Pass (STP)
1. You are required to produce your STP card and passport to the Immigration Officer at the Checkpoint each time you leave Singapore and return.
2. Under regulation 8(5)(e) of the Immigration Regulations made under the Immigration Act (Cap. 133), you are required to surrender the Card when the Student’s Pass issued to you is cancelled or has expired, and when a new Card is issued to you.
3. Under regulation 8(5)(f) of the Immigration Regulations, should you intend to leave Singapore and only return after the expiry of the Student’s Pass issued to you, you are required to surrender this Card to the Immigration Officer at the Checkpoint at the time of your departure.
4. While in Singapore, you are required to furnish the Student’s Pass Card for inspection to an Immigration Officer or Police Officer within reasonable time when so requested.
5. You should take good care of the Student’s Pass Card and prevent loss through negligence. If the Student’s Pass Card is lost or stolen, you are required to make a police report immediately and report to ICA within 7 days to apply for a replacement Student’s Pass. Issuance and/or replacement fees shall apply. If you recover possession of your lost Student’s Pass Card after reporting such loss to ICA, you are required to surrender the recovered Student’s Pass to ICA for cancellation within 7 days from the date of recovery of the Card.
6. Under regulation 8(5)(b), you shall notify ICA if there is any change in your place of residence within 14 days of the change. You shall report a change of address online through your school or local sponsor via e-Update of Address.
7. This Student’s Pass is issued to you based on the information provided vide application __________________________________________for which you have truthfully declared to be so or for which you had consented for a proxy to submit on your behalf and are fully aware of the information so provided by your authorised proxy. You are required to notify ICA for any change in your passport particulars.
8. You shall comply with the provisions of the Immigration Act and any regulation made under the Act, or any statutory modification or re-enactment in force in Singapore during your stay.
9. You shall not engage in any activity, criminal or otherwise, which is inconsistent with the purpose for which the Student’s Pass has been issued.
10. You shall not take part in any political or other related activities during your stay in Singapore.
11. You shall not contravene any laws or any statutory modification or re-enactment in force in Singapore during your stay.
12. You shall not smoke, administer to yourself, consume or be in any way engaged in the trafficking of any controlled drug as defined in the Misuse of Drug Act or any written law in force relating to the control of dangerous or harmful drugs.
13. You shall abide by the conditions specified in regulations 14(1A) of the Immigration Regulations, where applicable. You must not engage in any form of paid employment or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore during the validity of your Student’s Pass unless you have a valid work pass issued under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (Cap. 91A).
14. You understand that if the Controller of Immigration is satisfied that you or any member of your family breaches the Terms & Conditions mentioned above, or becomes an undesirable or prohibited immigrant, he will cancel your Student’s pass and the immigration passes of the members of your family, and you may be required to leave Singapore within 24 hours of such cancellation.
15. You are required to attend class regularly. If you fail to attend classes for a continuous period of 7 days your Student’s Pass is liable to be cancelled with effect from the 8th day. The letter of cancellation will be sent to your place of residence as registered with ICA. Remaining in Singapore unlawfully after the cancellation of your Student’s Pass is an offence under Section 15 of the Immigration Act and you would be liable for prosecution.
16. You understand that your Student’s Pass will be cancelled by the Controller of Immigration if you fail to remain or cease to be retained as a student in your educational institution.
17. This Student’s Pass is issued to you on the condition that the Terms & Conditions mentioned above are complied with. Under regulation 40(2) of the Immigration Regulations, any person who without reasonable cause contravenes or fails to comply with any condition imposed in respect of or any direction endorsed on any pass or permit shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both.
For more details, please refer to ICA website: www.ica.gov.sg
Placed to Ping Yi Secondary School, Secondary 1 : “I am a student of Birmingham Academy. My name is Huang Hanyu. I am so proud to be a student of this school. The class is small so the teacher can pay attention to every student, and the principal is very kind and friendly. Both of my Maths and English teachers are earnest, they tried their best to help all of us pass the AEIS exam.”
Placed to Pasir Ris Secondary School, Secondary 2 Express: “My name is Sun Xiaoqing, I passed the AEIS examination with the help of Birmingham’s teachers. My English teacher helped me to improve my weakness so that I progressed a lot. My maths teacher taught me how to solve the questions easily and quickly. I appreciate their effort and I am very thankful to this school.”
Placed to Meridian Secondary School, Secondary 2 Express: “I’m Shi Kexin. I would like to thank my teachers and principal as I pass the exam in short time. I was so shocked when I heard that I can get into government school. I love Birmingham Academy because they help me make a great progress.”
Placed to North Spring Primary School, Primary 2: “I am Ke Mingzhe, I want to thank Birmingham Academy teachers to help me pass AEIS.”
Placed to Bendemeer Primary School, Primary 3: “My name is Rezzane. Thank you for helping me pass the AEIS examination and I am very happy I can go to Primary 3.”
Placed to Guangyang Secondary School, Secondary 2 Express: “I am writing to Birmingham to express my thanks for the help in learning English and speaking English. During these months in the school, I have learnt much and it is very helpful to me. I passed my s-AEIS examination.”
Placed to East View Secondary School, Secondary 2 Express: “I’d like to take the opportunity to express my great appreciation for Birmingham’s timely help and assistance. I was so excited that I finally pass the s-AEIS examination. Every teachers and Principal, please accept my tanks, now and always.”
When I first came to Birmingham Academy, I do not have a great impression as the academy wasn’t very big. I was thinking of transferring school but decided to try for a week. It was amazing. The lecturers are very professional and experience. I learnt a lot from them. The student welfare was delighted and it makes me really at ease in a foreign country. What surprise me is that when I try to check the value of the Diploma awarded by Birmingham Academy by applying for a job, I was shortlisted for the job. I’m happy I got a proper and recognised academy to study. I will be more than willing to recommend an international student to study here.